Nara Through a Lens
Watch Nara come alive in this captivating selection of short videos showcasing the area’s spiritual, cultural, and artistic highlights.
- Tanzan Jinja Shrine
- Tanzan-jinja Shrine’s striking thirteen-storied pagoda rubs shoulders with towering trees of brilliant green. In fact, the whole shrine complex itself blends seamlessly in with the surrounding natural beauty.
- Nara: The Birthplace of Japan
- Quiet spirituality and traditional craftsmanship intertwine in Nara—from sake and sculpture, cuisine and cocktails to powerful performances of the traditional arts. Witness the power of Nara’s creativity.
- Real Sword Performance
- The flashing blades of Japanese swords are deep-rooted into Japanese society and are synonymous with power and respect. See how these works of exquisite art are also capable of devastating destruction.
- Sumo Museum Kehayaza
- Japan’s national sport of sumo was born in Nara and the pounding of feet on packed clay resonates throughout Japanese history. Witness firsthand the combination of sheer strength and dexterous skill.
- Shigisan Chogosonshi-ji Temple, Nara
- Feel the heat of the temple’s traditions amidst hypnotic chants, pounding drum and whorls of smoke. Experience the intoxicating mix of quiet reverie and powerful statement.
- Asuka Village, Nara
- How the other half live—delve deeper into Japan by spending time amongst the people keeping traditions alive. Visit, experience and taste a traditional Japanese way of life.