Approaching from Yakushiji Temple along the road to Toshodaiji Temple, you will see a small road with a wooden sign on your left. Follow the road towards the train tracks, and you will come across a small wooden house with indigo noren curtains. The owner makes accessories, jewellery and small items from recycled kimono fabrics. Some of the pieces are stylish and some are quirky, such as persimmons and daikon made from fabric. She admits that she just can’t stop making things. The prices are very reasonable and you can pick up unusual souvenirs.
Last update: 2016-11-14
- Venue Details & Access Info
18-2 Gojocho, Nara
From Kintetsu Nishinokyo:
- 6 minutes on foot from the station.
- 西の京 はぎれ工房「布細工」 Nishinokyo Hagire Kobo Nunozaiku
- address 奈良市五条町18-2 18-2 Gojocho, Nara
- Opening Time & Admissions
11:00 - 17:00
- Contact Details