A favourite of famed Japanese photographer Ken Domon, this simple ryokan is decorated with many of his photographs of the area, taken in the 1950’s. Located right on a river and just over the striking red bridge that leads to Murouji Temple, this is a good option for exploring the area, which is especially beautiful in late spring and autumn. The ryokan restaurant is also open to non-staying guests for lunch.
Last update: 2016-10-28
- Venue Details & Access Info
800 Murou, Uda
From Kintetsu Murouguchi-ono Station:
- Take the bus and alight at the Murouji-mae stop.
Related Venues Hashimotoya Dining
- 橋本屋旅館（旅館） Hashimotoya (Ryokan)
- address 宇陀市室生800 800 Murou, Uda
- Opening Time & Admissions
Price is represented using $ symbols ($=low, $$$$$=high)
7 private rooms
- Contact Details