If you visit Nara in February or March, this free daily event (except Mondays) is not to be missed. At 10am each morning, a French horn player summons the local deer to be fed, with a performance of Beethoven's 6th Symphony Pastoral. The performance lasts around 15 minutes, in Nara Park behind the Nara National Museum.
Last update: 2019-06-05
- Venue Details & Access Info
Kasugataisha Shrine Tobihino (Nara Park)
160 Kasuganocho, Nara
From Kintetsu Nara Station:
- Take the loop bus and alight at the Kasugataisha-omotesando stop.
Related Venues Nara Park
- 冬の大和路キャンペーン「鹿寄せ」 Yamatoji Winter Shikayose
- address 奈良市春日野町160 160 Kasuganocho, Nara
- Opening Time & Admissions
Early Feb - Early Mar
10:00 - 10:15
- Contact Details