Held in the village of Soni at Kadofusa Jinja Shrine to pray for the village’s well-being and a good harvest, groups of villagers perform the energetic lion dance, or Shishimai. Conducted on the Sunday before the national holiday of Sports Day, it has a 300-year history and is a colourful and complex form of traditional entertainment involving seven styles of dance. It is very popular and displays the richness of the local culture and its dedication to artistic performance.
Last update: 2019-06-17
- Venue Details & Access Info
733 Imai, Soni, Uda (Kadofusa Jinja Shrine)
From Kintetsu Kashihara Station:
- Take the bus bound for Sonimuraykuba and alight at the last stop.
Related Venues Kadofusa Jinja Shrine
- 門僕神社秋祭り 曽爾の獅子舞 Kadofusa Jinja Shrine Lion Dancing
- address 宇陀郡曽爾村今井733（門僕神社） 733 Imai, Soni, Uda (Kadofusa Jinja Shrine)
- Opening Time & Admissions
- Contact Details