To help Nara’s deer population co-exist peacefully with each other and with humans, the antlers of the aggressive males have been ritually cut each autumn. Unchanged since the Edo period, this is a unique opportunity to see a traditional practice up close.
Last update: 2018-10-03
- Venue Details & Access Info
Rokuen (Kasugataisha Shrine)
160 Kasuganocho, Nara (Kasugataisha Shrine)
From JR Nara Station, Kintetsu Nara Station:
- Take the loop bus and alight at the Kasugataisha Omotesando stop.
Related Venues Rokuen
- 奈良 鹿の角切り Deer Antler Cutting
- address 奈良市春日野町160（春日大社） 160 Kasuganocho, Nara (Kasugataisha Shrine)
- Opening Time & Admissions
12:00 - 15:00 (last admission 14:30)
- Contact Details