In September, the lush green, terraced rice fields of Inabuchi village in Asuka are enhanced by thousands of red amaryllis (also called red spider lilies), marking the transition to Autumn. The Amaryllis Festival at the end of the month is a chance to experience rural life, with local foods, a farmers’ market and “best scarecrow” contests. There are shuttle buses from Asuka station.
Cluster-Amaryllis Festival 2018: Sep 22 - 23
Last update: 2019-06-14
- Venue Details & Access Info
Asuka Inabuchi, Historical National Government Park, and Ishibutai Tumulus
Around Inabuchi, Asuka Rekishi Koenkan and Ishibutai Tumulus areas
From Kintetsu Asuka Station:
- Take the shuttle bus and alight at the Inabuchi stop.
Related Venues Asuka Historical National Government Park Hall
- 彼岸花祭り Cluster-Amaryllis Festival
- address 高市郡明日香村稲渕地区及び国営飛鳥歴史公園石舞台地区 Around Inabuchi, Asuka Rekishi Koenkan and Ishibutai Tumulus areas
- Opening Time & Admissions
21 Sep - 22 Sep
10:00 - 16:00
Event locations may vary annually