With around 700 female deer living in Nara Park, many new fawns are born in late Spring. The does and their newborns are protected at the Roku-en deer center until the fawns are old enough to follow their mothers. Every day in June from 11am - 2pm, you can visit and see the fawns at the centre, before they are released into the park.
Last update: 2018-09-25
- Venue Details & Access Info
Rokuen (Kasugataisha Shrine)
469 Zoshicho, Nara (Nara Park)
From JR Nara Station, Kintetsu Nara Station,
- Take the loop bus and alight at the Kasugataisha Omotesando stop.
Related Venues Rokuen
- 赤ちゃん鹿大集合！子鹿公開 Nara Park Baby Deer
- address 奈良市雑司町469（奈良公園） 469 Zoshicho, Nara (Nara Park)
- Opening Time & Admissions
Early Jun - Late Jun
11:00 - 14:00 (last admission 13:30)
- Contact Details