Held yearly on March 3-5 at the former Heijokyu Palace, visitors can enjoy a historical parade of imperial guards and large numbers of participants dressed in traditional attire. Ancient ceremonies are also conducted, including those for hunting deer. Festival stalls cover the grounds, giving a feel for what of Nara City 1300 years ago when this festival originated.
- Multilingual information available in QR code format
Last update: 2016-11-15
- Venue Details & Access Info
Former Site of Heijokyu Imperial Palace
Sakicho, Nara (Former Site of Heijokyu Imperial Palace)
From Kintetsu Yamato-Saidaiji Station:
- 15 minutes on foot from the station.
Related Venues Former Site of Heijokyu Imperial Palace
- 平城京天平祭 Heijo Tempyo Spring Festival
- address 奈良市佐紀町（平城宮跡） Sakicho, Nara (Former Site of Heijokyu Imperial Palace)
- Opening Time & Admissions
10:00 - 16:30
Available Foreign Languages
No foreign language spoken (Japanese only)
- Contact Details