Kichijoten is the goddess of peace, happiness, and beauty. From January 1st to 15th, Buddhist services are held and prayer is given to Kichijoten in hope for good fortune in the New Year. At the end of this period, on the 15th, a special ceremony is given in name of the goddess. Visitors can sign up to participate from 9am on the day; a spot costs ¥5,000.
- Reservations required
Last update: 2017-06-14
- Venue Details & Access Info
457 Nishinokyocho, Nara (Yakushiji Temple)
From Kintetsu Nishinokyo Station:
- 2 minutes on foot from the station.
Related Venues Yakushiji Temple
- 吉祥天にちなむお香とお茶の会 Incense and Tea Ceremony for the Goddess Kichijoten
- address 奈良市西ノ京町457（薬師寺） 457 Nishinokyocho, Nara (Yakushiji Temple)
- Opening Time & Admissions
15 Jan - 15 Jan
Registration: 9:00 - 12:00
Ceremony: 9:30 - 15:30
- Contact Details