Help may be required to lift this huge bowl of green tea but that’s the point: to foster unity between guests. Drinking from the same bowl, participants experience the same taste and a deeper connection than if each person had their own individual bowl of tea. Experience the harmonious atmosphere at this unique tea ceremony. Loose-fitting, comfortable clothing is recommended in order to sit on tatami mat flooring for the duration of the ceremony.
Last update: 2017-06-14
- Venue Details & Access Info
1-1-5 Saidaiji-shibacho, Nara (Saidaiji Temple)
From Kintetsu Yamato Saidaiji Station:
- 3 minutes on foot from the station.
Related Venues Saidaiji Temple
- 新春大茶盛式 New Year Tea Ceremony
- address 奈良市西大寺芝町1-1-5（西大寺） 1-1-5 Saidaiji-shibacho, Nara (Saidaiji Temple)
- Opening Time & Admissions
15 Jan - 15 Jan
10:00 - 15:00
- Contact Details