If you visit Nara in July or August, this free event held most weekends is not to be missed. At 9am each morning, a French horn player summons the local deer and newly born fawns to be fed, with a performance of Beethoven's 6th Symphony Pastoral. The performance lasts around 15 minutes, in Nara Park behind the Nara National Museum.
Last update: 2017-06-14
- Venue Details & Access Info
Kasugataisha Shrine Tobihino (Nara Park)
160 Kasuganocho, Nara
From Kintetsu Nara Station:
- Take the loop bus and alight at the Kasugataisha-omotesando stop.
Related Venues Nara Park
- なつの奈良旅キャンペーン「なつの鹿寄せ」 Summer Shikayose
- address 奈良市春日野町160 160 Kasuganocho, Nara
- Opening Time & Admissions
Mid Jul - Late Sep
9:00 - 9:15
- Contact Details