Takayama has been famous for making tea whisks and accessories since the Muromachi period. Even now, about 90% of all tea whisks (chasen) in Japan are made in this area. You can try making a bamboo whisk or a tea scoop for yourself at this tea room and workshop. They also offer tea ceremonies suitable for kids during spring and summer holidays. Matcha tea and sweets or light meals are available year round, but it’s best to call in advance to confirm they are offering whisk making on the day you wish to go. From Gakken Kita Ikoma Station, you can take a bus or taxi (about ten minutes), or walk (25 minutes).
- Venue Details & Access Info
5725 Takayamacho, Ikoma
From Kintetsu Tomio Station:
- Take the bus bound for Hoji, alight at Kamiogita and 5 minutes on foot from the stop.
- 翠華園 谷村弥三郎 Suikaen Tanimura Yasaburo
- address 生駒市高山町5725 5725 Takayamacho, Ikoma
- Opening Time & Admissions
10:00 - 17:00
Available Foreign Languages
Menu in English
- Contact Details