Designed on the theme of the Man’yoshu, a vast poetry anthology from the 8th century, this modern museum is thoughtfully designed, with vibrant displays depicting daily life at the time along with artworks inspired by the poems. Presenting a foreign passport will gain you free admission to the museum.
Last update: 2016-11-14
- Venue Details & Access Info
10 Asuka, Asuka, Takaichi
From Kintetsu Kashihara Jingumae Station:
- Take Asuka Shuyu Bus (Aka Kame) bound for Asuka Ekimae and alight at Manyo Bunkakan Nishiguchi.
From JR/Kintetsu Sakurai Station:
- Take the bus bound for Ishibudai and alight at Manyo Bunkakan.
Related Venues Nara Prefecture Complex of Man'yo Culture Gift Shop
- 県立万葉文化館 Nara Prefecture Complex of Man'yo Culture
- address 高市郡明日香村飛鳥10 10 Asuka, Asuka, Takaichi
- Opening Time & Admissions
10:00 - 17:30 (last admisson 17:00)
Mondays (except public holidays) / Closed on Tuesday if Monday is a public holiday
Year-end and New Year holidays
*Group discount available
Available Foreign Languages
- Contact Details