This little shop near Sakurai Station selling mitarashi dango (grilled mochi rice balls with a sweet soy syrup), ice cream and souvenirs, is run by a local women’s group. They’ll make you a cup of tea and recommend local sites and specialties. There’s a small selection of souvenirs from local crafts people and artisans. Although English isn’t spoken, they have some maps and brochures, and are very keen to help. It’s a good place to take a quick break and plan your day.
Last update: 2016-11-14
- Venue Details & Access Info
257-6 Kawai, Sakurai
From Kintetsu/JR Sakurai Station:
- 7 minutes on foot from the station.
- まほろばの里 卑弥呼 Mahoroba-no-Sato Himiko
- address 桜井市川合257-6 257-6 Kawai, Sakurai
- Opening Time & Admissions
9:00 - 17:00
- Contact Details