This traditional medicine shop has a 1300 year history, making herbal digestive aids for Shugendo practitioners to take with them on their pilgrimages up into the mountains. The real draw for most visitors though, is the historic store front with a display of herbs and some very large carved wooden toads - the company logo. It makes for an interesting photograph and the staff are happy to show you around.
Last update: 2016-11-14
- Venue Details & Access Info
2413 Yoshinoyama, Yoshino, Yoshino
From Yoshino Ropeway Yoshinoyama Station:
- 15 minutes on foot from the station.
- 藤井利三郎薬房 Fujii Risaburo Yakubo
- address 吉野郡吉野町吉野山2413 2413 Yoshinoyama, Yoshino, Yoshino
- Opening Time & Admissions
8:30 - 17:00
- Contact Details