One of the oldest black ink makers in Japan, this workshop and store has made ink in the traditional way since 1577. Ask nicely, and you can see the workshop where soot is made by gently heating oils and resins over candle flames. The store is a must-visit for calligraphers and artists.
- Nigirisumi ink-making workshops offered between November and April: ¥4,000/per person
- Venue Details & Access Info
7 Tsubaicho, Nara
From Kintetsu Nara Station:
- 6 minutes on foot from the station.
- 古梅園 Kobaien
- address 奈良市椿井町7 7 Tsubaicho, Nara
- Opening Time & Admissions
9:00 - 17:00
Amex / Master / Visa / Diners / JCB
Available Foreign Languages
Some English spoken
Information in English
- Contact Details