This simple “purin” or egg custard in small glass jars has become a cult hit with locals and visitors. Named after the Daibutsu, or Great Buddha, of Todaiji Temple, these homemade custards are all natural and come in flavours like green tea, cheese cake, chocolate, cherry blossom and even sake. Although they might be too delicious to survive the trip home, the decorative jars can be recycled for many other uses.
- Venue Details & Access Info
1073 Narasakacho, Nara
From JR Narayama Station:
- 26 minutes on foot from the station.
- まほろば大仏プリン 本舗本店 Mahoroba Daibutsu Purin
- address 奈良市奈良阪町 1073 1073 Narasakacho, Nara
- Opening Time & Admissions
11:30 - 17:30
Credit cards accepted
Amex / Master / Visa / Diners / JCB
Available Foreign Languages
Information in English
- Contact Details