This restored machiya house on the edge of Naramachi is basically a Japanese-style backpacker’s hostel. There are two private tatami rooms and men’s and women’s dorm rooms with curtained bunk beds. Some rooms overlook a courtyard garden. There are no private bathrooms. The house retains a Meiji-era atmosphere and the common areas are spacious, often hosting events like tea ceremony or traditional music recitals. The staff can speak some English and have maps and guidebooks to help you plan your travels.
- Rental bicycles available from ¥500/day
- Venue Details & Access Info
30 Kita-kyobatecho, Nara
From JR Kyobate station:
- 5 minutes on foot from the station.
- 町屋ゲストハウスならまち Guesthouse Naramachi
- address 奈良市北京終町30 30 Kita-kyobatecho, Nara
- Opening Time & Admissions
Price is represented using $ symbols ($=low, $$$$$=high)
2 Japanese rooms
1 female dormitory
1 mixed dormitory
- Contact Details