Held in early November around the Japanese holiday of "Culture Day," this event aims to increase appreciation for the ancient Japanese court music and dance known as gagaku. It takes place on a floating stage at the edge of a pond in the Manyo Botanical Garden. Traditional wind and string instrument performances passed down at Kasugataisha Shrine for generations are performed, along with the court dance and music.
Last update: 2016-11-14
- Venue Details & Access Info
160 Kasuganocho, Nara (Kasugataisha Shrine)
From Kintetsu Nara Station:
- Take the bus bound for Kasugataisha-Honden and alight at the Kasugataisha-Omotesando stop.
Related Venues Kasugataisha Shrine
- 文化の日萬葉雅楽会 Manyo Gagaku Performance Festival
- address 奈良市春日野町160（春日大社） 160 Kasuganocho, Nara (Kasugataisha Shrine)
- Opening Time & Admissions
03 Nov - 03 Nov
*Group discount available
- Contact Details