A two day festival held on the third weekend of September, this lantern-lighting event at the Kurotsuka Burial Mound is a recent effort. It involves performances such as hula and modern dance and concerts with instruments such as the ocarina and the Okinawan sanshin. Nearly 4,000 lanterns create a special atmosphere around the festival grounds.
Last update: 2016-11-02
- Venue Details & Access Info
Kurotsuka Tomb and Yanagimoto Park; around Yanagimoto Station and along the route to Kurotsuka Tomb; around Sengyoin Temple Izanagi-jinja Shrine venue: Izanagi-jinja Shrine area
Yanamotocho, Tenri (Around Kurotsuka Tumulus)
From JR Yanamoto Station:
- Several event locations may be accessed from the station.
- 柳灯会 Kurotsuka Tumulus Ryutoe
- address 天理市柳本町 黒塚古墳近辺 Yanamotocho, Tenri (Around Kurotsuka Tumulus)
- Opening Time & Admissions
3rd Sat/Sun of Sep
18:00 - 21:00
- Contact Details