Held on August 20 at Totsukawa Village's Subarunosato, the festival hosts various events, food stalls and a summer tradition known as the Big Totsukawa Dance. This unique Bon dance is a national Intangible Folk Cultural Property and is performed among hundreds of shimmering candles. There is a fireworks display for the finale.
Last update: 2016-12-06
- Venue Details & Access Info
Subaru-no-Sato Square, Totsukawa Onsen
Hiraya, Totsukawa, Yoshino (Subaru no Sato)
From Kintetsu Nara Station:
- Take the bus bound for Totsukawa/Shingu.
- 十津川村夏祭り 昴の郷ふれあい物語 Totsukawa Summer Festival
- address 吉野郡十津川村平谷(昴の郷) Hiraya, Totsukawa, Yoshino (Subaru no Sato)
- Opening Time & Admissions
Around 20 Aug
- Contact Details