This summer festival held at Katsuragi Imasuhono Ikazuchi Shrine on July 17 is also known as “Nagoshisai.” A procession of parishioners carry rods strung with a dozen lanterns. They light up the night while singing traditional songs to encourage good health and harvests. There is also a fireworks display.
- Venue Details & Access Info
Katsuragi Imasuhono Ikazuchi Shrine
448 Fuefuki, Katsuragi
From Katsuragi ropeway Tozanguchi Station:
- 28 minutes on foot from the station.
- 葛城坐炎雷神社 夏祭り Katsuragi Imasuhono Ikazuchi Shrine Summer Festival
- address 葛城市笛吹448 448 Fuefuki, Katsuragi
- Opening Time & Admissions
17 Jul - 17 Jul