Held annually on July 16, this festival prays to the local deities for good harvests and the health and well-being of families. The various communities of parishioners build lantern towers that they carry through the streets at night in a glowing parade. These “Susuki Chochin” are up to two and a half meters tall with lanterns hanging in three rows. Some say the lanterns resemble an ear of the rice.
- Venue Details & Access Info
513 Miyamae, Gose
From JR Gosho Station:
- 10 minutes on foot from the station.
- 夏祭り ススキ提灯献燈行事 Kamotsuba Shrine Lantern Festival
- address 御所市宮前町513 513 Miyamae, Gose
- Opening Time & Admissions
16 Jul - 16 Jul