The Tanabata Lantern Festival is held at Niukawakami Jinja Shrine yearly on the first Saturday of July to celebrate the Japanese Star Festival. The shrine grounds are lit with hundreds of lanterns, creating an otherworldly atmosphere along with the chanting of ceremonies, live music and Javanese and Yamato Shaman dancing.
Last update: 2016-12-06
- Venue Details & Access Info
Niukawakami Jinja Shrine
869-1 Sako, Kawakami, Yoshino
From KintesuYamatokamiichi Station:
- Take the bus bound for Yumorionsen Suginoyu and alight at the last stop. 15 minutes on foot from the station.
- 七夕燈籠祭 Tanabata Lantern Festival
- address 吉野郡川上村迫869-1 869-1 Sako, Kawakami, Yoshino
- Opening Time & Admissions
1st Sat of Jul