This festival is held annually at Tsunakoshi Jinja Shrine on July 30-31. Held to pray for good health, it involves elaborate ceremonies and performances that include traditional dances, a procession of horses circling the grounds and locals passing through a large grass hoop to chanting as a form of purification. Fireworks are held on the evening of the last day.
- Venue Details & Access Info
Sessha Tsunakoshi Jinja Shrine
1422 Miwa, Sakurai
From JR Miwa Station:
- 5 minutes on foot from the station.
- 綱越神社例祭（おんぱら祭） Onpara Festival
- address 桜井市三輪1422 1422 Miwa, Sakurai
- Opening Time & Admissions
31 Jul - 31 Jul
Available Foreign Languages
No foreign language spoken (Japanese only)
- Contact Details