Hydrangea flowers bloom just before the rainy season of mid-June, their watery blues and purples against deep green leaves, enhanced by the soft rain. There are over 1,000 hydrangea shrubs around Yatadera Temple, interspersed with Jizo statues. Extra buses run from Kintetsu Koriyama station in June and July, and you can buy special bento lunches at the temple, inspired by the flowers.
- Venue Details & Access Info
3549 Yatacho, Yamato Koriyama (Daimonbo Temple)
大和郡山市矢田町3549 （大門坊 準別格本山・矢田寺内）
From Kintetsu Yamatokoizumu Station:
- 15 minutes by taxi from the station.
Related Venues Yatadera Temple
- アジサイ園（矢田寺） Yatadera Hydrangea
- address 大和郡山市矢田町3549 （大門坊 準別格本山・矢田寺内） 3549 Yatacho, Yamato Koriyama (Daimonbo Temple)
- Opening Time & Admissions
Early Jun - Early Jul
- Contact Details