Held yearly on Children’s Day at Kasugataisha Shrine’s Manyo Botanical Garden, this festival was started to help children understand the traditions of the Japanese Imperial Court. Held on a stage that appears to float in the middle of the shrine’s pond, ancient court music, dances and poetry are performed for the audience who watches from the water's edge. The shrine grounds are beautiful at this period too, with wisteria and azalea coming into bloom.
- Venue Details & Access Info
160 Kasuganocho, Nara (Kasugataisha Shrine)
From Kintetsu Nara Station:
- Take the bus bound for Kasugataisha Honden and alight at the last stop.
Related Venues Kasugataisha Shrine
- 子供の日萬葉雅楽会 Manyo Gagaku Festival
- address 奈良市春日野町160（春日大社） 160 Kasuganocho, Nara (Kasugataisha Shrine)
- Opening Time & Admissions
05 May - 05 May
*Group discount available
- Contact Details