In Spring, the Murouji Rhododendron Festival is one of the best times to visit Murouji Temple. The new season brings new blossoms and a comfortable atmosphere. The pink, red, and purple flowers blossom near the five-storied pagoda—the smallest outdoor pagoda in Japan that is also a National Treasure. Murouji Temple is a popular among women as it is one of the few temples that allowed females to worship.
Last update: 2019-06-10
- Venue Details & Access Info
78 Murou, Uda (Murouji Temple)
From Kintetsu Muroguchioni Station:
- Take the bus bound for Murouji and alight at the last stop.
Related Venues Murouji Temple
- 室生寺石楠花祭り Murouji Rhododendron Festival
- address 宇陀市室生78（室生寺） 78 Murou, Uda (Murouji Temple)
- Opening Time & Admissions
Mid Apr - Early May
8:30 - 17:00
- Contact Details