Cherry blossom viewing, “hanami”, doesn’t always involve a daytime picnic in the park. In Asuka, nighttime cherry blossom illumination (yuzakura) at Ishibutai Kofun involves candle-lit walkways as well as clouds of pale pink petals backlit by LED lights. The ancient burial mound surrounded by cherry trees attest to the flower’s ephemeral and eternal symbolism beloved by the Japanese.
Last update: 2019-06-17
- Venue Details & Access Info
254 Shimasho, Asuka, Takaichi (Ishibutai Tumulus)
From Kintetsu Kashihara Jingumae Station:
- Take the loop bus and alight at the Ishibutai stop.
Related Venues Ishibutai Tumulus
- 石舞台古墳 夜桜ライトアップ Ishibutai Tumulus Cherry Blossoms by Night
- address 高市郡明日香村島庄254（石舞台古墳） 254 Shimasho, Asuka, Takaichi (Ishibutai Tumulus)
- Opening Time & Admissions
Late Mar - Early Apr
18:00 - 21:00
Teenagers: ¥150 - ¥200
- Contact Details