In Autumn, the plains of Soni Highland are covered in tall, silvery pampas grass, attracting visitors from all over Japan. To mark the beginning of Spring, the grass is burnt to encourage new growth. You can watch as the dramatic orange flames cover the fields and mountains from 10am on the first Saturday in March; in the event of rain, the event will be held the next day.
Last update: 2017-06-14
- Venue Details & Access Info
Taroji, Soni, Uda (Soni Highland)
From Kintetsu Nawari Station:
- Take a Bus bound for Yamagasunishi and alight at Taroji stop.
Related Venues Soni Highland
- 曽爾高原山焼き Soni Highland Yamayaki
- address 宇陀郡曽爾村太良路（曽爾高原） Taroji, Soni, Uda (Soni Highland)
- Opening Time & Admissions
10:00 - 15:00