Kasugataisha Shrine houses more than 3,000 lanterns donated by worshippers from all walks of life. The collection has grown over 800 years, with some of the lanterns even donated by samurai. Only twice a year is each and every lantern lit: February 3, Setsubun (the day that marks the end of Winter and beginning of Spring), is one such occasion. As dusk falls, the shrine glows in mesmerizing ethereal beauty.
Last update: 2020-09-17
- Venue Details & Access Info
160 Kasuganocho, Nara (Kasugataisha Shrine)
From Kintetsu Nara Station:
- Take the loop bus and alight at the Kasugataisha-omotesando stop.
Related Venues Kasugataisha Shrine
- 節分万燈籠 Setsubun Lantern Festival
- address 奈良市春日野町160（春日大社） 160 Kasuganocho, Nara (Kasugataisha Shrine)
- Opening Time & Admissions
17:30 - 20:30
Available Foreign Languages
No foreign language spoken (Japanese only)
Information in English
- Contact Details