A fair walk from Shimoichiguchi Station, this historic restaurant might be worth a walk or taxi ride to try the rare local specialty: ayu sushi. Ayu is a delicious fish caught in Yoshinogawa River in spring. Being a river fish, it is not served raw, but grilled and stuffed with rice. At 800 years old, this is said to be the oldest sushi restaurant in existence; however, the original building burned down and the current, very impressive space was built in the 1930s. You need to reserve a day ahead, but serious foodies will enjoy this experience.
- Venue Details & Access Info
533 Shimoichi, Shimoichi, Yoshino
From Kintetsu Shimoichiguchi Station:
- 15 minutes on foot from the station.
- つるべすし 弥助 Tsurubesushi Yasuke
- address 吉野郡下市町下市533 533 Shimoichi, Shimoichi, Yoshino
- Opening Time & Admissions
11:30 - 18:30
Price is represented using $ symbols ($=low, $$$$$=high)
- Contact Details