Set just inside the grounds of Kawaharadera Temple in Asuka, this simple, serene restaurant is famous for mugitoro, a dish of grated yam on a bowl of rice and barley. Although the dishes here are not vegetarian, they are close in spirit to traditional temple food. Seating is on tatami flooring or at tables, with views over the fields.
Last update: 2020-03-06
- Venue Details & Access Info
1109 Kawara, Asuka, Takaichi (Kawaradera Temple)
From Kintetsu Asuka Station:
- 29 minutes on foot from the station.
- 川原寺 花つばき Kawaharadera Hanatsubaki
- address 高市郡明日香村川原1109 川原寺 1109 Kawara, Asuka, Takaichi (Kawaradera Temple)
- Opening Time & Admissions
11:00 - 16:00
Price is represented using $ symbols ($=low, $$$$$=high)
Available Foreign Languages
- Contact Details