Even if you’re a little squeamish about insects, this is a fascinating museum. It’s a must-see for architecture fans, for the soaring glass conservatories that resemble insect wings. Inside, you will find tropical gardens with butterflies and modern exhibitions including virtual experiences. It’s popular with kids. A small community bus runs from Yamato Yagi Station to the park, once an hour.
Last update: 2016-11-14
- Venue Details & Access Info
624 Minamiyamacho, Kashihara
From Kintetsu Yamato Yagi Station:
- Take the Kashihara community bus and alight at the Konchukan-mae stop.
- 橿原市昆虫館 Kashihara City Museum of Insects
- address 橿原市南山町624 624 Minamiyamacho, Kashihara
- Opening Time & Admissions
Apr - Sep: 9:30 - 17:00 (last admission 16:30)
Oct - Mar: 9:30 - 16:30 (last admission 16:00)
*Open Mondays during summer holidays
Mondays (except public holidays)
Year-end and New Year holidays
*Group discount available
- Contact Details