This is an attractive shrine right on the road linking Kintetsu Koriyama and JR Koriyama stations, built in 1491 to protect Koriyama castle. It has attractive gardens with fruit and cherry trees, and the main hall has an impressive cypress roof with many carvings. The eaves are decorated with hanging brass lanterns that make it a popular photo spot. This is an easy to visit (and free) shrine, worth a detour if you are in the area.
Last update: 2016-11-02
- Venue Details & Access Info
32 Zaimokumachi, Yamato Koriyama
From JR Koriyama Station:
- 5 minutes on foot from the station.
- 郡山八幡神社 Koriyama Hachimanjinja Shrine
- address 大和郡山市柳4丁目25 32 Zaimokumachi, Yamato Koriyama
- Opening Time & Admissions
- Contact Details