Said to be the oldest surviving ropeway in Japan, this is the easiest way to reach Yoshinoyama from Kintetsu Yoshino Station. It takes just a few minutes, but on windy days, it may be a little scary.
Each car takes eight passengers and runs approximately every 20 minutes, so expect long lines in peak seasons (you can also walk up the mountain in about 20 minutes and there is a bus service from the station in cherry blossom season). In winter, the off season, the ropeway only operates on weekends. Note that tickets can be purchased from machines at both the top and bottom of the line.
- Mt. Yoshino Ropeway is currently out of service for maintenance and will re-open from March 1, 2018. A temporary bus service has been put on in its place. Buses run twice hourly between 9 am and 5 pm. Note that service is suspended on weekdays during the winter months from December through February.
Last update: 2017-08-23
- Venue Details & Access Info
79 Yoshinoyama, Yoshino, Yoshino
- 吉野山ロープウェイ Mt. Yoshino Ropeway
- address 吉野郡吉野町大字吉野山79 79 Yoshinoyama, Yoshino, Yoshino
- Opening Time & Admissions
One way: ¥360
Round way: 610
One way: ¥180
Round way: 310