Probably the best lookout point in Yoshino, this observatory has spectacular views over Yoshinoyama town. It’s a short walk up a steep slope from the main town, but be careful of traffic on the narrow road, with several switch backs. The observatory is very popular in spring and autumn, and there is a small cafe that opens in peak season, but there are few facilities. Just two minutes away is the serene Yoshino Mikumari-jinja Shrine, with beautiful weeping cherry blossom trees. About ten minutes down the hill is Chikurin-in Temple & Garden, with a landscape designed by tea master Rikyu.
Last update: 2016-12-01
- Venue Details & Access Info
1711 Yoshinoyama, Yoshino, Yoshino
From Kintetsu Yoshino Station:
- More than 60 minutes on foot from the station.
Related Venues Yoshino Mikumari-jinja Shrine
- 花矢倉展望台 Hanayagura Observatory
- address 吉野郡吉野町吉野山1711 1711 Yoshinoyama, Yoshino, Yoshino
- Opening Time & Admissions
Open all hours
- Contact Details