It may just look like a cool late 1960's office building, but the Nara Prefectural Office holds a local secret: the rooftop is free to visit, and has a spectacular 360-degree view over Nara. You can see the pagoda of Kohfukuji Temple, the Great Buddha Hall of Todaiji Temple and all the way down towards Asuka. The rooftop has pleasant gardens and seating, plus vending machines for drinks. If you go up one more level of stairs, there is a higher lookout which makes for great photographs. Just head towards the elevators in the main lobby and there are signs in English to guide you to the rooftop.
Last update: 2016-11-14
- Venue Details & Access Info
30 Noboriojicho, Nara
From Kintetsu Nara Station:
- 6 minutes on foot from the station.
From JR Nara Station:
- 20 minutes on foot from the station.
- 奈良県庁屋上 Nara Prefectural Office Rooftop
- address 奈良市登大路町30 30 Noboriojicho, Nara
- Opening Time & Admissions
- Contact Details
0742-22-1101 (8:30 - 5:15)