Originally developed by local sculptor Inoue Fukichi, this sculpture park was completed by Israeli artist Dani Karavan in 2006. The giant, modern installations are designed to harmonize with the landscape and the expansive park is perfect for picnics and is a must-see for anyone with an interest in art or spectacular spaces. The park is accessible by car or bus, but the two-hour hike through the mossy, canopied forest from Muroguchiono Station is beautiful.
Last update: 2020-07-27
- Venue Details & Access Info
181 Murou, Uda
- 20 minutes on foot from the staiton.
From Kintetsu Muroujiguchi-Ono Station:
- Take the bus bound for Muroji, alight at the Muroji stop and 20 minutes on foot from the station.
- 室生山上公園芸術の森 Murou Art Forest
- address 宇陀市室生181 181 Murou, Uda
- Opening Time & Admissions
Apr - Oct: 10:00 - 17:00
Mar, Nov, Dec: 10:00 - 16:00
Tuesdays (except public holidays)
Closing dates may vary depending on weather conditions
- Contact Details