From the entrance of this large merchant house you walk straight into the traditional dirt floor kitchen. The back garden houses a kura storehouse, where the merchant family kept their valuables. The elder, retired family members would spend their days here, drinking tea and managing the storehouse. The family business, a store called “Komechu”, sold fertilizer and metal items. Entrance is free and there are volunteer guides who are sometimes able to speak a little English.
- Venue Details & Access Info
1-10-11 Imaicho, Kashihara
From Kintetsu Yagi-Nishiguchi Station:
- 10 minutes on foot from the station.
- 旧米谷家住宅 Kometani Residence
- address 橿原市今井町1-10-11 1-10-11 Imaicho, Kashihara
- Opening Time & Admissions
9:00 - 12:00
13:00 - 17:00
Mondays (except public holidays) / Closed on Tuesday if Monday is a public holiday
- Contact Details