Built in Meiji era style, Hanairaka is a tourist information centre with displays explaining the unique architecture of Imaicho and the history of the town. Although the displays are in Japanese, the model houses and scale model of Imaicho are easy to understand. The volunteer guides are helpful, with pamphlets in several languages. There are also bathrooms and rest areas. The surrounding gardens with seating are a nice place to take a break.
- Venue Details & Access Info
2-3-5 Imaicho, Kashihara
From Kintetsu Yagi-Nishiguchi Station:
- 5 minutes on foot from the station.
From JR Unebi Station:
- 8 minutes on foot from the station.
From Kintetsu Yagi Station:
- 10 minutes on foot from the station.
- 今井まちなみ交流センター「華甍」 Imai Machinami Exchange Center Hanairaka
- address 橿原市今井町2-3-5 2-3-5 Imaicho, Kashihara
- Opening Time & Admissions
9:00 - 17:00 (last admission 16:30)
Mondays (except public holidays)
Year-end and New Year holidays
- Contact Details