The deity of this shrine is commonly known as Ichigonsan, who hears single word prayers and wishes, so think carefully about what your wish will be . According to legend, the deity appeared to Emperor Yuryaku around AD 460 when he was hunting in the area. There is a huge sacred gingko tree, said to be 1,200 years old; its soft bark apparently resembles a mother’s breast, making it a popular place of worship for mothers seeking safe childbirth and good milk production.
Last update: 2016-11-09
- Venue Details & Access Info
432 Ojimoriwaki, Gose
From JR Gosho Station:
- 50 minutes on foot, 10 minutes by taxi from the station.
- 葛城一言主神社 Katsuragi Hitokotonushi-jinja Shrine
- address 御所市大字森脇432 432 Ojimoriwaki, Gose
- Opening Time & Admissions
Open all hours
Available Foreign Languages
No foreign language spoken (Japanese only)
- Contact Details