This small museum and tourist information centre was the town hospital during the Taisho period, and you can still see some of the old medical equipment. You can see the water marks on the walls above head level, from a flood that hit the town around 60 years ago. There are several Edo period artifacts including a covered kago (litter), used to carry high ranking passengers, plus maps and pamphlets (in Japanese), a smoking area and accessible toilets.
Last update: 2016-11-14
- Venue Details & Access Info
2-7-1 Honmachi, Gojo
From JR Gojo Station:
- 14 minutes on foot from the station.
From JR Yamato-Futami Station:
- 13 minutes on foot from the station.
- まちなみ伝承館 Machinami Denshokan Museum
- address 五條市本町2-7-1 2-7-1 Honmachi, Gojo
- Opening Time & Admissions
9:00 - 17:00 (last admission 16:00)
Wednesdays (except public holidays) / Closed on Thursday if Wednesday is a public holiday
Year-end and New Year holidays
- Contact Details