High above Dorogawa town, this dome-shaped limestone cave complex has stalactites and stalagmites, illuminated by coloured lights. The path is a little slippery and has low overhangs, so the rental helmets are recommended. Access is by a quirky monorail train, shaped like a wooden log. The observatory near the cave entrance has sweeping views and a rest area with hot and cold drinks and toilets.
- Venue Details & Access Info
678-89 Dorogawa, Tenkawa, Yoshino
From Kintetsu Shimoichiguchi Station:
- Take the bus bound for Dorogawa Onsen, alight at the last stop (Dorogawa Onsen) and 15 minutes on foot from the stop.
- 面不動鍾乳洞 Menfudo Limestone Cave
- address 吉野郡天川村洞川678-89 678-89 Dorogawa, Tenkawa, Yoshino
- Opening Time & Admissions
9:00 - 17:00
Year-end and New Year holidays
Closing days may vary depending on weather conditions.
- Contact Details