While you can hike up to this limestone cave, the rather thrilling ride through the forest on the open, motorised monorail, is recommended. From the observatory, the views over Mt Omine and down to the hot spring town of Dorogawa Onsen are beautiful. The cave, illuminated by coloured lights, is fairly small and easy to walk through, though slippery in some places.
Last update: 2016-12-06
- Venue Details & Access Info
686-131 Dorogawa, Tenkawa, Yoshino
From Kintetsu Shimoichiguchi Statio:
- Take the bus bound for Dorogawa Onsen and alight at the last stop (Dorogawa Onsen).
- 五代松鍾乳洞 Goyomatsu Limestone Cave
- address 吉野郡天川村洞川686-131 686-131 Dorogawa, Tenkawa, Yoshino
- Opening Time & Admissions
9:30 - 11:50
13:30 - 15:50
Dec - mid Mar