Kameishi is a mysterious megalith, carved to resemble a turtle. While it currently faces South, legend says it originally faced East, and if it ever turns to the West, the whole of Japan will turn to mud.
Last update: 2016-11-02
- Venue Details & Access Info
108 Kawahara, Asuka, Takaichi
From Kintetsu Kashihara Jingumae Station:
- Take the bus bound for Okadera-mae, alight at the Noguchi stop and 5 minutes on foot from the stop.
- 亀石 Kameishi Tortoise Stone
- address 高市郡明日香村川原108 108 Kawahara, Asuka, Takaichi
- Opening Time & Admissions
Open all year round