Set in an extensive park with replica stone monoliths, the exhibitions here focus on the Asuka period, from the 6th to 8th century AD, with many pieces from recent archeological digs and parts of the original Yatadera Temple. There are brochures in English and other languages and a museum shop with pieces inspired by the Asuka era.
Last update: 2016-11-14
- Venue Details & Access Info
601 Okuyama, Asuka, Takaichi
From Kintetsu Kashihara Jingumae Station:
- Take Asukashuyu Bus (Aka Kame) and alight at Asuka Shiryokan-mae.
From JR/Kintetsu Sakurai Station:
- Take the bus bound to Ishibutai and alight at the Asuka Shiryokan-mae.
From Kintetsu Yamato Yagi Station:
- Take Kashihara community bus and alight at Asuka Shiryokan-mae.
- 奈良文化財研究所 飛鳥資料館 Asuka Historical Museum
- address 高市郡明日香村奥山601 601 Okuyama, Asuka, Takaichi
- Opening Time & Admissions
9:30 - 16:30 (last admission 16:00)
Mondays (except public holidays) / Closed on Tuesday if Monday is a public holiday
Year-end and New Year holidays
*Group discount available
Available Foreign Languages
Information in Korean
Information in Chinese (traditional)
- Contact Details