Nara’s main art museum has an extensive collection of Japanese art, with a focus on the Edo and Meiji eras. Exhibitions rotate every two to three months and explanations of most pieces are in English. There is a good museum shop and regular free workshops and activities for families. Free for seniors and for foreigners with ID.
Last update: 2016-11-14
- Venue Details & Access Info
10-6 Noboriojicho, Nara
From Kintetsu Nara Station:
- 5 minutes on foot from the station.
- 奈良県立美術館 Nara Prefectural Museum of Art
- address 奈良市登大路町10-6 10-6 Noboriojicho, Nara
- Opening Time & Admissions
9:00 - 17:00 (last admission 16:30)
Mondays (except public holidays) / Closed on Tuesday if Monday is a public holiday
Year-end and New Year holidays
- Contact Details