Kagirohi refers to the very first light in the pre-dawn sky. Held near the turn of the year from 4-7AM, hearty viewers gather to warm themselves by a bonfire to await the day's dawning. Manyo Park is also connected to the phenomenon via a famous tanka poem inscribed in a stone monument on the grounds. It’s a memorable way to start a crisp winter morning in Nara.
Last update: 2016-12-06
- Venue Details & Access Info
Kagihiro-no-Oka Manyo Park
25 Oudahasama, Uda
From Kintetsu Kashihara Station:
- 13 minutes by taxi from the station.
- かぎろひ Kagirohi Sunrise Viewing
- address 宇陀市大宇陀迫間25 25 Oudahasama, Uda
- Opening Time & Admissions
- Contact Details